Welcome back! We hope that you had a wonderful and restful summer break.
With the beginning of the new school year, we are busy planning the year's events, like the soon-to-be-announced School Welcome Breakfasts and our very popular Wine and Cheese Back to School Celebration! We hope to see you at these fun events so please watch for more information coming soon. We are also excited to be working on our annual favorites, like the galette des rois, our family picnic, the gala, Francophonie and more.
But we have challenges to work on this year, too. Continued budget cuts have resulted in the complete withdrawal of financial support for the last remaining teaching position paid for by France, which the Miami-Dade school district was also unable to fund. FIPA has stepped in to pay the $75,000 required to fund the teacher salary for this academic year. Budget conservation by our school district has resulted in some very large class sizes, but FIPA will pay $45,000 for three teaching assistants to help ease the workload on our teachers and maintain a high-quality learning environment for our students.
Your membership is needed more than ever so that we can continue to support the French IS program in our public schools. While we have been able to help maintain the quality of the program for this academic year, we realize that these kinds of budget cuts will continue. We must begin to find solutions for the future of the French program now. For this reason, we have increased our membership levels to $100 for a single child membership, $250 for a family membership, and $500 for a partner membership. We think that, at just $10, $25 or $50 a month, these options remain a good value considering the quality French education the IS program in Miami-Dade public schools provides. Additional donations are enthusiastically welcomed.
Please help us fight to overcome these challenges by purchasing your membership today.
Thank you for your support,
The FIPA Team
2016-2017 membership registration is available here!
- You are a proactive parent.
- You want your child to benefit from a great level of education.
- You want this bilingual program to be maintained in our public schools.
Why become FIPA member?
- the main and most important reason: FIPA works hard to support your child's French education.
- FIPA offers news and pro-active communication about French activities & culture at school and in Miami.
- you and your children will be able to take part in great events such as the annual wine and cheese, family picnic, gala, Galette des Rois and Francophonie events.
- FIPA membership grants you a 10% discount in many stores thanks to our generous partners.
FIPA needs your support! Get your 2016-2017 FIPA membership now!